CONSTITUTION NI " NADI DISTRICT SCHOOL OLD SCHOLARS ASSOC."

Moderator: Vuanimasei

CONSTITUTION NI " NADI DISTRICT SCHOOL OLD SCHOLARS ASSOC."

Postby Vuanimasei on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:53 am

na yavu ni vavulewa e dau biri ina kea maroroi na i tavi e qwaravia e lia na i soqosoqo.Ji vavinavina valevu i vo Inoke Lutumailagi ina lea vaitavi i na kea volai na constitution ni ledu i Soqosoqo na Vuli oti.Sa lai vinaji me da solia mei ke na leda numia ni bere ni qei vadeitaki.

CONSTITUTION
1. NAME:
The name of the organisation shall be the “NADI DISTRICT SCHOOL OLD SCHOLARS ASSOCIATION”.

2. OFFICE:
The office of the organisation shall be at NADI DISTRICT SCHOOL, Narewa Road, Nadi in the Republic of the Fiji Islands.

3. OBJECTIVES:
The aims and objectives of the organisation shall be:
1) To be the umbrella body for all former students of Nadi District School.
2) To promote unity and co-operation between all former students of Nadi District School.
3) To organise fundraising events for the purpose of fulfilling the aims and objectives of the organisation.
4) To maintain Nadi District School and for that purpose to carry out or assist in carrying out such things and matters as are likely to promote the quality of primary education in the school.
5) To further develop and improve the standard of primary education in Nadi District School and to import materials and promote exercises for the fulfillment of that purpose.
6) To establish, assist, maintain and run the school and related facilities and institutions of a like nature.
7) To promote the welfare of the current students of Nadi District School.
8) To render charitable and voluntary services.
9) To take and accept any donations and gifts of property real or personal estate whether subject to any one or more of the objects of the organisation.
10) To purchase, take on lease, or in exchange, hire or otherwise, real or personal estates which may be deemed necessary or convenient for any of the objects of the organisation.
11) To construct, maintain, alter, improve and repair buildings or works necessary or convenient for the objects of the organisation.
12) To sell, manage, lease, mortgage or raise over-drafts or loans, dispose of or otherwise deal with all or any of the real or personal property of the organisation.
13) To take such steps as may from time to time be deemed expedient for the purpose of procuring contributions of the funds of the organisation by way of donations, subscriptions or otherwise.
14) To do such other lawful things, as are incidental or which lead to the attainment of the moral, intellectual and physical improvement or welfare of the current students of Nadi District School.

4. MEMBERSHIP:
All former students of Nadi District School shall be members of the organisation.

5. OFFICE BEARERS:
The following office bearers shall be appointed and will serve as a ‘Committee’ for as long as they continue to be recognised in their office or until they resign:
• President
• National Representative (1 per country for eligible members permanently residing in overseas countries)
• National Administrators:
o Secretary
o Treasurer

6. AUDITOR:
An Auditor to examine the organisation’s accounts shall be appointed by the Committee, when the need arises.

7. COMMITTEE.
The Committee shall include the office bearers and shall liaise at least quarterly.
The Committee shall be empowered to appoint sub-committees for special purposes. The Committee shall also be empowered to dismiss such sub- committees.
The Committee shall engage and dismiss all such servants which they may consider necessary and shall regulate the duties and fix the salaries of such said servants.
In the event that a Committee member forfeits his post through negligence or resignation, then the Committee may appoint another member in his/her place.

8. TRUSTEES
The Committee shall also be the trustees of the organisation in whom all the funds and properties of the organisation shall be vested.
Every vacancy among the Trustees shall from time to time, be filled by appointment of the Committee.
A trustee shall hold office until he resigns or ceases to be a member of the Committee or has been absent from the Republic of Fiji for a continuous period one year.
The trustees are empowered with all the general powers of trustees as set out in the Trustees Act (Chapter 65) Laws of Fiji.

9. MEETING OF MEMBERS:
All members are to meet annually. It shall not be necessary for the Country
Representatives to attend such meetings.
Sub-committees for special purposes may be appointed at any regular meeting.
If an office bearer fails to attend three consecutive regular meetings without a legitimate excuse or resign from the same, he/she shall forfeit his post and in such an event another member may be appointed in his/her place.

10. SECRETARY’S DUTIES:
The secretary shall conduct the correspondence of the organisation and shall have custody of all documents belonging to the same.
He shall keep minutes of all the meetings of the organisation and keep an up-to-date register of members including address and contact details.
He shall furnish a complete report of the general affairs of the organisation at each Annual General Meeting.
The Secretary shall endeavor to give at least three clear days notice for any regular or annual general meeting.
The secretary will communicate with the members by all possible means (e.g. text message, e-mail, phone or regular mail) in order that every member is kept up-to-date and informed of the events and meetings.

11. DUTIES OF TREASURER;
The Treasurer shall keep accounts of all receipts and disbursements of the organisation.
He shall collect & issue receipts for all funds, dues, donations, contributions and subscriptions from the members and others and deposit the same in a trading bank to be approved by the Committee.
The Treasurer shall make no payments without the prior approval and authority of the Committee at a regular meeting, provided however, that he may make payments of small sums of money to meet the current accounts. These payments shall be subsequently sanctioned at a regular meeting.
The financial year of the organisation shall be from the first day of January to the last day of the same year.
At the end of each year the treasurer shall prepare a statement of receipts and payments of the preceding financial year and present such statement at the annual general meeting after such statement has been duly audited and certified by the auditor.
The Treasurer shall report to members present on the state of the financial affairs of the organisation at regular meetings.

12. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
The Annual General Meeting of the organisation shall be held each year at a time to be decided by the Committee.
The annual general meeting of the organisation shall be held for the purpose of: -
1. Receiving the report of the affairs of the organisation during the preceding year.
2. Receiving the financial statement of the treasurer duly audited, for the preceding year.
3. To consider any other subjects of which notice in writing has previously been given to the Secretary not less than 7 days before the date of the meeting.

13. PROCEDURE AT MEETING:
At all meetings the President and in his absence a member elected by the meeting shall take the chair.
Every member present and entitled to vote shall have one vote upon every motion and in the case of an equality of votes the chairman shall have a casting vote.
The voting shall be by ballot or show of hands at the discretion of the chairman.

14. QUORUM:
The quorum for Committee meetings shall be a minimum of three (3) eligible members.

15. FINANCE:
The funds of the organisation shall be deposited at a trading bank and the account shall be operated by such office bearers as the Committee may appoint from time to time on behalf of the organisation.
All office bearers will be signatories on the account and the Treasurer and one other shall sign all cheques.

16. INDEMNITY:
The trustees, officers and members of the organisation shall be indemnified (not held personally liable) by the organisation against any claim or demand in respect of any liability if incurred for and on behalf of the organisation.

17. INSPECTION OF BOOKS:
Every member shall be allowed upon application to the Treasurer (National Administrator) to inspect the books of account of the organisation.

18. ALTERATION OF RULES:
This constitution may be repaired or amended or new rules made only with the unanimous consent of the Committee of the Nadi District School Old Scholars Association.

DATED THIS ____________ DAY OF __________________, 2008.
CONSTITUTION
img][/img]
Vuanimasei

Re: CONSTITUTION NI " NADI DISTRICT SCHOOL OLD SCHOLARS ASSOC."

Postby Tuba on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:23 pm

Vina valevu saravou ina lem gauna na keya buli na ledu Constitution. So na mosoni me da sota kece ro ina Siga ni Mate (22/3/08) me vamacalataki na "Constitution", ma ko e qei digitaki muni na "Office Bearers" ve datou i Viti sa na vina sara. Kerevia na soli vakasama me.

Old Scholar/Suva
Tuba

Postby momoniyakuilau on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:22 pm

RE: Members

Can the meaning of members also include those who never attended the Nadi District School but are or will be financial supporters of this organisation?
LVQ
momoniyakuilau

Postby NOX on Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Tara riki na cola,

It is possible to include persons who have not attended the school but will be implemental to the aims and objectives of the organisation.

The constitution as shown herein has not been formally adopted by the organisation and it is possible to include a supplementary provision that will govern the admission of such "supporter" members.

Also, Clause 18 of the constitution provides the manner in which the said constitution may be altered.

Vina Du riki,

Inoke B Lutumailagi.
................emancipate yourself from mental slavery; none but our self can FREE our mind..........

BOB MARLEY
NOX

Postby Tuba on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:20 pm

Cola vina taucoko na members and supporters

If non-scholars are willing to contribute financially or whatever other ways, I suppose they are most welcome to "board the ship".

As Nox has explained, the constitution can be amended, altered to suit that purpose.

Qa nia qaya tavale Vuanimasei qi si waraki nia koto se o cei mequ videredere qaya i "Tavua" baletia sa rewarewa tu boto na siga. Kei balebale ko ya sa confirm taki na sota ina siga ni mate (22/03) and "Congratulations" to Inoke on his admission to the bar. You have made us proud of the old scholars and the vanua of Nadi.

Your feedbacks are most welcome as fast as possible as Easter is only 3 weeks away. I've met some old scholars and managed to pass word verbally.

Loloma taucoko
Tuba

Postby Vuanimasei on Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Mu sa cola vina riki na vuli oji/taukei ni koronivuli.

Tavale Maina, vosojia ni bere ya na videredere, ia qi vavinavinavina nio sa videredere vo Vara.

Vanuinui vina i na lemutu sota ina siga ni mate.

Vuanimasei
Vuanimasei

Postby momoniyakuilau on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:32 pm

Vina valevu na sau ni kerekere a biu ya! Also, Congratulations on being admitted to the Bar, Vanua o Nadi is proud of you!
LVQ
momoniyakuilau

Postby Tuba on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Vina valevu na vitokoni koto me o mutou o qu batuvu mei Sovanalagi. Kodaki ve au sa baci numidei sara koto ga na sala i Buabua qa nia i Lovu.

Lemu i tukutuku taucoko ko ya - Sa taba me ina 6.00 pm news (Fiji TV) na i tuvatuva baletia o Tavua, taba me o Naduru (Head Teacher - Pate Tuidraki) vamacala taki nia tu me nai tuvaki ni koronivuli, na building plans, na kerekere ina otela na vivuke ni fundings etc.etc. Me kodaki ni CEO ni Fiji TV o Mesake Nawari da susu vata tu mei Nadi
di sa vavinavina valevu ke - me sa na toso ko na leda sasaga. Ma so eri dau kwaya mei Burebasaga - "Na qai qo sa na qai ga".

Kerevia o Nox mo qei varautaki nia koto ina lei vamacala ina "Constitution" ina ledu sota ina vula o Maji.

Sa kerevi muni koto na leda duku masu yalia.

Mutu sa moce tu ro.
Tuba

Postby Vuanimasei on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Cola vina Tavale Maina.

Vina valevu na "update" me kodaki ga nio no koto me ina Koro Turaga.

Vina valevu ve datou na vuli oji/taukei ni koronivuli ina yalo sa tadola koto me mera vukei ke na ledu kawa ei roaroa.
Vuanimasei

Postby momoniyakuilau on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:32 pm

Vina valevu du nita na "bulago mai na koro". Very exciting indeed!
LVQ
momoniyakuilau

Postby Tuba on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Tamaya o Di Ceva - Cola vina.

Kerekere koto ya o lequ brother/Soko mo qiri ro ya ina leya mobile i Narewa.
Number - 9781015 - Urgent business.

Vina du - loloma valevu ve mutou kece.
Tuba

Return to Nadi District